RightCalc has undergone rigorous testing in a busy insurance environment and come through with flying colours. We are now starting to see margin improvements as a result of using the new system.
Simon Tennyson, Managing Director
RightCalc’s primary responsibility to clients is providing accurate, real-time prices. The system has been designed with performance as one of the highest priorities. The architecture consists of a number of loosely coupled services with the minimum sharing of resources to reduce contention and provide freedom to scale critical components horizontally should the system require additional storage or processing power to meet demand.
The primary Price Calculation service uses a segregation of command and query responsibility, such that the calculation of a price is decoupled from the processing of calculation request data required for audit trail and statistical analysis. When the need arises the system can be scaled out by adding additional physical servers to handle Price Calculation or Transaction Processing.
RightCalc has been designed to integrate with variable capability legacy and modern systems with minimal effort. A number of different technologies are available to facilitate this. For Windows users, the simplest method is to download a custom-built, dynamically generated DLL that can be plugged in to most environments. RightCalc also provides web service support for SOAP and REST architectural style.
Key features & Benefits
- Multiple products can be priced based on numerous features, variables and options.
- Pricing and discounting rules can be established based on multiple parameters.
- User interface is modified and managed using familiar spreadsheet style tabs.
- Forecasting tool identifies margin improvements and opportunities.
- Hosted environment guarantees security and robustness of system.
- Ease-of-use puts control in the hands of pricing decision makers.
- Margin leakage is reduced as need for ad hoc, manual pricing is removed.
- Dynamic and consistent pricing synchronisation across multiple sales environments.